France is most delightedly and globally known. It is also one of the most intriguing, stunning and picturesque regions you’ll ever experience.
While there are many wonderful destinations and cities to investigate and encounter, some of the must-sees of France will make your trip a worth-while adventure never to be forgotten!
- The Eiffel Tower – Climb atop this internationally recognized monument which encompasses the city. Encounter the 1665 steps which elevate you to the top of Paris – magnifique!
- Notre Dame – Transcending Notre Dame Cathédral and its surrounding island home.
- Palais de Justice – Well known throughout the French Révolution.
- Conciergerie – Where Marie Antoinette was held captive.
- Saint Chapelle – A Church, which is architecturally stunning, with its beautiful stained glass.
- Palais de Justice – Very nearby Paris, made famous during the French Revolution.
- The Louvre – As seen in the film, The Da Vinci Code, released by Columbia Pictures in 2006, this museum contains one of the most significant and extraordinary paintings of all time – the Mona Lisa.
- Adventure for the family – Disneyland, just over ½ hour out of Paris.
- Champs Elysées – This portion of Paris is known for its romantic setting which includes some of the most fashionable streets, ideal for shopping, strolling and taking in the epic Arc de Triomphe.
- Seine River cruises are also a very popular attraction.
The French Riviera (Côte d’Azur)
It is also a region which serves as a playground for the rich and famous, housing multi-million dollar yachts and expensive cafes.
Visit breathtaking St. Tropez which is the essence of the Riviera, and the Principality of Monaco.
Don’t forget to take a side trip to Nice, the capital of the Riviera, which is home to the incredible Matisse Museum.
There are numerous charming and scenic seaside resorts including: Fréjus, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Cap-d’Ail, Sainte Maxime, Antibes, Villefranche-sur-Mer, Beaulieu-sur-Mer, Saint-Raphaël and Juan-les-Pins.
The French Alps
Journey to the regal French Alps and unearth the renowned ski resorts of France. Choose from a variety of top notch resorts which all interconnect its lifts: Trois Vallées, Val Thorens, Courchevel, Les Menuires, Méribel, and La Tania.
Frequently referred to as the “Rooftop of Europe,” fix your eyes on the legendary Mont Blanc, the highest mountain within the Alps.
Other noteworthy towns which are sure to excite a traveler include: Annecy, Grenoble, Chambéry, Albertville, Chamonix, and Annecy.
Notably, the French Alps are just as prevalent in the summer months as it is throughout the winter months.
Once the snow melts, take in the incredibly crisp and fresh mountainous air; engage in activities including: mountain climbing, walking and biking.
The heavenly and mouth-watering cuisine, history and impeccable shopping are worth a day trip. The city is also known for its nightlife, casinos and clubs.
The Loire Valley
Many of the most well known chateaux include: Villandry, Angers, Chenonceau, Chinon, Saumur, and Chambord.
This valley is well known as the “Garden of France”, so be sure to soak up its luscious grounds and unforgettable scenery.
It’s highly recommended that you take some time to tour the castles.
If you are there during the summer months, you will be treated to outdoor theatre, dance, music and fireworks.
One of the more pronounced pieces of architecture resides in the town of Chartres. The 13th century cathedral is considered to be one of Europe’s finest buildings derived from Gothic influence.
In fact, the cathedral has been reserved as a worldwide cultural heritage location, by the United Nations.
The Loire Valley which is also home to the major wines in the region is reasonably priced, boasting delectable treats and amazing food.
Lose yourself in France! The wine, the culture, the romance, the cuisine, the decadence… A trip that is sure to leave you with wanting more!